Soft fiber, warm fiber, little ball of fur
Bare Undyed Yarn
Sometimes the best colour is no colour all. The creamy off-white of undyed merino allows other colours to shine through, especially greys and pink. This yarn is the same yarn and yardage of our dyed yarns, scoured and tied ready to cake. They can also be ordered to dye yourself - make it into whatever you want!
- Sock yarn is 80/20 Merino/nylon superwash fingering weight yarn. This is a tight-twist yarn.
- Fingering weight is 100% Merino superwash hand-dyed yarn. This is a 2-ply, looser-twist that knits up smooshie with a little more texture and a little less dense than the sock yarn.
Blue Faced Leicester is 100% wool, not superwash. BFL has a sheen and a different drape than merino. It is also a 2-ply, looser twist and knits up more flowy.
- Length is approximately 420 yards
- Weight is approximately 115 grams
- If yarn is superwash recommend hand washing, lay flat to dry, although I machine wash socks and hang them to dry.
- Recommend 7-9 st/inch on 2.25mm - 3.25mm needle [2.25-2.5mm for socks, 3mm and up for shawls/sweaters]
We are happy to produce more of any colourway you need - give us a bit of time and we’ll make it happen.
If you are unhappy for any reason please contact us so we can make it right.